I have found myself hiding and disguising fruits and veggies for our kids in the preschool classroom. I think any crafty teacher or parent is willing to go though great lengths to make sure our kids have the right nutrition! 'Ants on a log' just had to be the mastermind idea of a caring adult at their wits end. Here are just a few more ideas to add to your kids smoothies. Let's continue to work together in boosting out kids nutrition in innovation ways!
Boosting Our Kids Nutrition With These Helpful Tips:
|Nutrition never looked or tasted so good!|
- Add cream of coconut to a recipe.
- Experiment with different juices including vegetable juices.
- Try adding a handful of carrots or celery to the smoothie recipe. Once it is blended, kids will never know it is an extra healthy smoothie. Try adding up to 1 tablespoon honey for a sweeter flavor.
- Add oat bran, almonds or wheat germ for an extra burst of nutrition.
- If using canned fruit include the juice for extra flavor.
- Add 1 tablespoon peanut butter to your smoothie recipe.
- Substitute milk for juice or juice for the milk in any recipe.
- To make any simple smoothie recipe thinner add more juice or whole milk. To make any simple smoothie recipe thicker add more fruit.