Thursday, April 28, 2011

Kids Bubble Wrap Activities


Mess For Less, yes indeedy!

I have to admit. I have never run out of ideas for kids with bubble wrap. Sure, we save scraps but nothing beats a big roll for tons of activities!

Art: Tape a sheet down and allow the children to freely pain it with tempra paints. I get a clean shett of paper and have the children press the imprint down. It's a lovely effect. The children comment it even looks like a rainbow beehive!

Hopscotch Pop: We cut out squares and tape them down. We let the children create the hopscotch Pop rules. You will be surprised at what they come up with.


The Pop Run: Very young children need lots of bubbles to pop. Bubble wrap has always brought the most reserved toddlers truly come out of their shell!

Guaranteed fun to the last pop! Thanks Rookie Moms

The Trike Bubble Run: Kids are also loving the bubble wrap outside. We drape it across the trike run as they speed across it!

Bubble Wrap Transition Time: I always save a special stash for emergency days. You know, days where you have a phone call you must take or simply need a longer transition. I use bubble wrap as an engaging fine motor activity that keeps them busy and happy. There is something very addicting about popping bubble wrap! Just ask.......anyone!

19 comments:

Unknown said...

Perfect timing! I just found a stack of bubble wrap yesterday and was trying to come up with ideas to use it. I love your ideas! I'm posting this on my "Found It Friday"! :)

Barbra The Bloggess said...

What a beautiful baby! Congratulations again, Ms. Jessi! I was actually telling my husband I knew if anyone would utilize this post, you would be high on the list. It can be that great kind of messy, if it's done right!

Unknown said...

When I taught a two year old classroom one of the kids FAVORITE activities was riding trikes down the hall over bubble wrap! They NEVER grew tired of it :)

Jamie @ hands on : as we grow said...

I love these ideas! We did a couple fun things with bubble wrap - but I love the idea of taking it outdoors with the trikes! Maybe I could get Henry to learn to pedal that way!

Jamie @ hands on : as we grow

Daycare Headquarters said...

Love the bubble wrap ideas for my home daycare!!
Thanks,
Angela
http://www.daycareheadquarters.com

Let the Children Play said...

I love all these ideas and fully intend to steal them for preschool :)

Barbra The Bloggess said...

I am so glad these ideas are working for everyone! Let us know how it goes! Thanks again for all your great comments!

Darcey said...

I love all these ideas! We've done bubble wrap painting and just having bubble wrap around to pop during transitions. the kids love it! I've included your post on my weekly favorites here: http://play2grow.blogspot.com/2011/05/weekly-favorites-for-may-1-2011.html

kim west said...

featured this today on my blog

www.kimboscrafts.blogspot.com

Vicky @ Mess For Less said...

Love all your great ideas! I did a similar bubble wrap activity and linked to your site on my blog.

http://www.messforless.net/2011/09/bubble-wrap-prints.html

I am a new follower and love what you do here!

Vicky

Barbra The Bloggess said...

Thanks Vicky, I'll be sure to stop by!

Unknown said...

Love you blog... adding a link on my Facebook asap!! Found you @ Messforless.net, I also blog please follow back if you are interested....

http://jeanobsession.blogspot.com/

Barbra The Bloggess said...

Hi Becca, following! Jeans are a teachers best friend! Thanks!

Vicky @ Mess For Less said...

Thanks for linking to my project! Now following you on Twitter.
Vicky from www.messforless.net

Barbra The Bloggess said...

Thanks Vicky! We love messforless!
See you all soon!

glitter princess said...

Fabulous! Both children and adults enjoy bubble wrap activies! Thank you for sharing these ideas. (+:

Barbra The Bloggess said...

Thanks glitter princess! Glad you like them!

Unknown said...

Wonderful ideas! Loved them. Thank you for sharing them in here. Many institutes now offer their services to the happy parents who intend to send their child to these preschools where they learn through specially designed activities for children by participation, for their overall growth.

sifra2 said...

Bubble game