We are always looking for economical ways to use what we have around the house. Keeping costs low with little ones on the go has always been and issue.
Here are some great ways to utilize coffee filters for projects, clean up, or any other creative way we could think of!
15 Great Uses for Coffee Filters:
1. Start using them as a kiddie's disposable "snack bowl" for popcorn, chips, crackers, etc.
2. Hold your tacos or burritos. Coffee filters make convenient wrappers for messy foods.
3. A great way for kids to weigh chopped foods. Place chopped ingredients in a coffee filter on a kitchen scale.
4. Clean off muddy kids shoes or apply shoe polish with them. Simply ball up a lint-free coffee filter.
6. Have kids use them to hold dry ingredients when baking or when cutting a piece of fruit or veggies. It definitely saves on having extra bowls to wash.
7. Kids can use them to sprout seeds. Simply dampen the coffee filter, place seeds inside, fold it and place it into a plastic baggie until they sprout.
8. Kids can clean windows, mirrors, and chrome. Coffee filters are lint-free so they'll leave windows sparkling and streak free.
9. When doing potting projects with kids you can stop the soil from leaking out of a plant pot. Line a plant pot with a coffee filter to prevent the soil from going through the drainage holes.
10. Put baking soda into a coffee filter and tie it off with a rubber band. Insert into Shoes or a closet to absorb or prevent odors.
11. Use coffee filters as blotting paper for pressed flower projects.
Kids can place the flowers between two coffee filters and put the coffee filters in a phone book.
12. Use them to remove kids fingernail polish when out of cotton balls.
13. Prevent the kids Popsicles from dripping. Poke one or two holes as needed in a coffee filter.
14. Put a few in a plate and put your fried bacon, french fries, chicken fingers, etc on them. It soaks out all the grease and is cheaper than paper towels.
15. Kids can make beautiful artwork by water coloring directly onto them or cutting them into snowflakes!