Saturday, May 22, 2010

Joy

 "The best vitamin for joy in my life is B1"

One of the kids asked me a question after we sat down for a pizza party. The room was buzzing with parents and families and we were having a great time. She whispered in my ear. Ear whispering means it's a very important, yet private question. I leaned in carefully to hear.
"Ms Barbra?" Her breath smelled sightly of Hawaiian Punch.
"Yes?" I whispered back.
"My mommy and daddy are here."
"I saw that. What do you think?"
"Well...um, well. We will eat pizza now and I thunk-ed something but I don't know what it is."
"Is that so?"
"Yeah, uh-huh. It's that feeling in my tummy I get when I eat pizza. It's like that to see my mommy and daddy, too."
"Hmmm-mm......... Joy?"
"Hey!" She smiled. "That's it!"
Amazing.
Amazing how such a three letter word look so small printed on paper. But by simply being appreciative for what we have  in our lives, we find out what a great and precious gift it really is.

No comments: