Thursday, May 6, 2010

Answering Back.

 "The creative person wants to be a know-it-all. He wants to know about all kinds of things: ancient history, nineteenth-century mathematics, current manufacturing techniques, flower arranging, and hog futures. Because he never knows when these ideas might come together to form a new idea. It may happen six minutes later or six months, or six years down the road. But he has faith that it will happen."
*Carl Ally*


"But why?"
"Who?"
"Do we have to?"
"Say that again?"
"Huh?"
"So, what does that mean?"
"When?"
"But where did it go?"
"No way! Tell me how!"


Yes....I answer all of them. Yes. All of them.
I suppose being a teacher means we look past the questions and see things like creativity at work, science in motion, motivation, intrigue....
Like most teachers, I'm often asked how I developed so much patience.
Patience?
It's meant as a compliment and I often wonder; that must be what 'caring' really looks like.

No comments: