Friday, April 2, 2010

The Honorable Mention: My Early Childhood Education Stats

"Do you know the difference between education and experience? Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't." 
~Pete Seeger

I had heard somewhere that a person changes their career up to thee times in their lifetime. I don’t know…I don’t even know who said it. I have always did what I do. Early Childhood Education. The statistics I considered  are not something I would to put on a resume (unless Dr. Suess is hiring), I thought mostly about my experiences. Do you think it's true? How a person see's the their career is how they experience it?  

Personal Statistics Of An Early Childhood Educator:
*Number of times I split my pants in the classroom: 3
*Number of times I went to the grocery store with playdough stuck to my tush: 17
*Number of times I’ve gone anywhere with tempura paint on my body and no body said a word: 2,738
*Number of times I was asked by a preschooler if I was chased home by a dinosaur: 1 (and once is enough)
*Number of times I have laughed so hard with the children we nearly cried: Too many time to count.
*Number of times I have reconsidered working in the field of Early Childhood Education: 0

No comments: