Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Honorable Mention: Every Child Is An Artist

 "Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain 
an artist once he grows up."
~Pablo Picasso


 I remember when I drew this actually. I was three and I wanted to feed my little sister so my father distracted me by asking my to draw my mother. My was cooking dinner at the time and in a rush. I could only catch glimpses of her when she turned around. My father was encouraging me and feeding my sister in the highchair the whole time. What a team, huh?


I drew this at another time in my life when I needed my family the most. I was an adult this time and going through some hard times. My mom was cooking in the kitchen and my dad was at the table. There was a paper and pencil-all of a sudden I just felt like drawing. I hadn't drawn in years, by that time.  I can see why drawing is chicken soup for some people. It is very therapeutic.
I drew a lot of pictures that day. 
What is your 'Chicken Soup'?

No comments: