Thursday, June 3, 2010

where the love is

"Kids go where there is excitement.
They stay where there is love."
~Zig Ziglar

I am always excited for the children when summer begins. The new season means new activites and trips. We also do a lot of water play activites. If we can incorporate water into an everyday activity...we will! I really enjoy the fun and excitement we all have. Winding down at the end of the day is one of my favorite parts as well. I connect with parents as the little ones are sure to draw pictures for family members or make thank you notes of love and appreciation. Just before nap time I will ask the children what their favorite part of the day was,
"I liked playing in the pool!"
"I liked playing at the water table."
"I liked eating pizza!"
"I know, I know," one preschooler said, "I like it when my mom comes and I can tell her all about my day!"
We all clapped and cheered for our day but I couldn't help but remember what the one child said about his mom. The children looked just as excited at pick up time than any other part of the day. Excitement and fun are great and I know we all love school and learning, but home is where their heart is.

No comments: