Saturday, January 2, 2010

Total Recall

 “Now that it's all over, what did you really 
do yesterday that's worth mentioning?”
~Coleman Cox

I often do what is called “Recall Circle” with the children. It is a time of reflecting on work the children did before we gathered. They often say with whom or where they played…what they did, how they did it…as the year goes on their language gets more intricate and detailed. I love to take dictation during this time.
“What about you, Ms. Barbra? Tell us what you did!” The children questioned me. As I looked at their happy hushed, smiling faces I told them where I worked and who needed me. After we’re done we all clap for each other.
Every now and then I take a tally of my day…and imagine their sweet little faces asking me that question.
If I can’t think of anything, I definitely find something worth clapping about.

No comments: