Wednesday, October 14, 2009

An Organized Mind

"Loyalty cannot be blueprinted. It cannot be produced on an assembly line. In fact, it cannot be manufactured at all, for its origin is the human heart-the center of self-respect and human dignity. It is a force which leaps into being only when conditions are exactly right for it-and it is a force very sensitive to betrayal
~Maurice R. Franks


As a preschool teacher-when I am with the children I am focused on them. When I am working as a team teacher I am conscious that their eyes and ears are on me….I and careful about the things I say and do. I don’t spend time yakking on my cell phone, text messaging, I spend time with the kids…I devote the time to the children and unless there is a pressing emergency-everything else can wait. During naptime or specific times of the day is playing catch up with “big people” stuff. Your mind has to be organized and you must make a decision every day to do it or it will never happen. A lot of these skills I learned through cutting edge programs called Life Skills 4ll and youareaceo.com.
The children bounce off the teachers’ vibe…there is nothing like feeling calm, organized and focused…then your classroom will begin to fall in line.

No comments: